There is no general registration requirement for users of the Service. Instead, we only collect information when you voluntarily provide such information as needed to provide you with a particular service, such as Newsmaker or Hometown Newsmaker. Depending on the service you register for, we may collect some or all of the following information: name, e-mail address, street address, telephone and facsimile numbers, employer company profile, client profile, beat (for media users) and categories of interest.
Information about individual users collected through the Service is used for internal business purposes, including, without limitation, customizing services, contacting subscribers regarding use of the services, and responding to requests for information. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the personal information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. On occasion, readMedia or one of its subscribers or affiliates may also use this information to inform you of news, service upgrades or new readMedia services or products that may be of particular interest to you.What other information is collected through the Service and how is this information used by readMedia?
As you know, our Service is primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information that you provide to us is information you are asking us to make public and is not considered personal information.
When you interact with readMedia through the Service, we receive and store non-identifiable information, which is collected passively using various techniques, but cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. This information may be aggregated to better understand the demographics and behaviors of our users. For example, readMedia tracks aggregate anonymous statistics regarding usage of the Service and may provide this anonymous information to subscribers, affiliates, advertisers and for other lawful purposes.Does readMedia provide personal information collected through the Service to third parties?
readMedia does not sell, trade or rent personal information collected online and will not knowingly disclose any individual personal information to third parties except as follows:
- Related Third Parties. In order to provide you with requested services, readMedia may provide contact or other necessary information to affiliated sites, such as readabout.me, that partner with readMedia for syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of your information. For example, if you register for readabout.me, readMedia may provide your email address to that group in order to facilitate your receipt of relevant news and subscription information.
- Subscriber Communications. If you register to have content for a particular readMedia subscriber's company e-mailed to you or if you download materials associated with a subscriber's content, the subscriber company may be notified that you have utilized one of these services and provided with your e-mail address in order to follow-up and provide you with additional valuable information.
- Legal Action. When disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights (including property rights) or safety of other users or third parties or of readMedia.
- Compliance with Law. When readMedia reasonably believes that disclosure is required by law or to comply with legal process served on readMedia.
- Terms of Service. In order to enforce our Terms of Service.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal information may be part of the transferred assets.
- User Choices / Opt-out Rights. You can use the readMedia.com website without providing personal information. If you choose not to provide any personal information, you may not be able to use certain readMedia services. readMedia may use the personal information that you provide through the Service for marketing communications with you relating to news, upgrades, feedback, services or products. These such marketing communications will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. You will not be able to "opt-out" of communications with readMedia relating to your use of the Service, including your account, set-up and support services, as we need to be able to contact you in order to provide you with the requested Service.
- Children. readMedia does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to readMedia through this Service, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- Terms of Service. Please review readMedia's Terms of Service.