Great people are essential to our success
We seek hardworking, enthusiastic people who are interested in an environment that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, allows employees to advance based on performance, and rewards them for helping readMedia thrive.
Current Job Openings
The best summer office job you’ll find in Albany
readMedia (www.meritpages.com) is looking for a couple of smart, hardworking people to do data-entry intensive research over the summer. Will it be boring? Yes! Almost definitely. But we pay well, the office is air conditioned and we usually break for a beer or soda on Friday afternoons.
And, if you’re a go-getter there is a lot of work here that needs doing and we’re happy to have you raise your game on some projects.
What will you be doing?
- researching websites for information that needs to be copied into a database;
- making decisions about what categories to assign to that information;
- getting new or different information on short notice if we decide we should have gotten it the first time;
- possibly getting on the phone once in awhile to do the job;
- blogging regularly (at least weekly) about your experience with us;
- we may ask you to go out and pick up sandwiches once in awhile;
- if you’re smart, coming up with better/faster ways to do the job and make the whole company better.
What won’t you be doing?
- getting eaten alive by insects;
- wearing a suit/heels (unless that’s your thing);
- trying to scrub the smell of your workplace out of your pores every night;
- wondering what you’re going to do with that liberal arts degree you’re working on (we love liberal arts majors and we’ll show you how far you can go).
Even though this is an hourly job for the summer, we take hiring very seriously and want the best possible people in every job. We’re looking for:
- people who are smart and get things done;
- good communicators--in person and in writing;
- reliable and trustworthy types--especially as regards your work ethic;
- people with good judgement and common sense;
- nice people who are good to work with and make the office a better place.
readMedia is a young, fast-growing company that gives employees the chance to make a very big difference in a short time, even summer interns. We value people who contribute thoughtfully and well to our efforts and share our commitment to excellence and dedication to our customers. You’ll have a chance to learn here if you take the opportunity to do so, and at the very least be treated with kindness and respect. You’ll also get to work downtown in a cool looking office.
If you want this job, don’t just send a resume. The cover letter or e-mail you send will the one of the most important things we’ll look at when we decide to interview you, so make it good. We can tell a lot from a letter.
Pay is $10/hour and we’ll need you to commit to 30 hours/week of work. Looking forward to hearing from you.
readMedia, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.